Essay Writing Competition – Teachers’ Day – Gandhiji’s Birthday – 2010
Teacher’s Day - Birthday of Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
About The Knol Writing Competition
The Role of Teaching and Teachers in the Learning Process
5. Effective Teaching Method: The Current Paradigm and Suggestions for New Paradigms.
6. Indian and Greek Philosophy: Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan’s Interpretation.
7. Blog and Online Article Writing by Teachers to Support Classroom Teaching.
8. Tuition Classes and Institutes: Utility and Unwanted and Unintended Consequences.
5. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan on Gandhiji.
6. Gandhian Thought: “Earn like a capitalist, but spend like a socialist.”
7. Gandhian Thought in the Present Era.
8. Gandhian Thought and MP’s Salaries in India (Sunday Times of 22 August 2010 carried a front page articles on MP’s salaries around the world. It said each MP gets a compensation of Rs. 57 lakhs in India. In terms of purchasing power parity an MP is drawing 104 times per capita income).
9. “Recall the face of the poorest and the weakest man whom you may have seen, and ask yourself if the step you are contemplating is going to be of use to him. Will he gain anything by it?” (Gandhiji’s suggestion to politicians in power)
Evaluation by Panel of judges: 6th November 15 November 2010
Results declaration: Immediately after the panel makes the recommendation.
Teaching and Teachers
Knol Sub-Directory – Teaching and Teacher Training – Interesting Knols
Knol Sub-Directory – India Education
Philosophy of Education
Teaching is Going Beyond the Prescribed Text Book
Learning, Teaching and Technlogy – Book Information and Review
Attribution Theory – Application in Academic Context
Educational Psychology – Introduction
Education for Sustainability – Facts For Everybody
Performance Incentives for Teachers
Mahatma Gandhi on Alcohol
Mahatma Gandhi on Basic Education
Mahatma Gandhi on Brahmacharya
Mahatma Gandhi on Buddha
Mahatma Gandhi on Communism
Mahatma Gandhi on Democracy
Mahatma Gandhi on Embracing Poverty Voluntarily
Mahatma Gandhi on God, Prayers and Avatars (Incarnations) of God
Mahatma Gandhi on India
Mahatma Gandhi on Indian Tradition
Mahatma Gandhi on Industrialisation
Mahatma Gandhi on Nationalism
Mahatma Gandhi on Self-supporting Education
Mahatma Gandhi on Socialism
Mahatma Gandhi on Swaraj
Mahatma Gandhi on Villages
Mahatma Gandhi on Wisdom
Hind Swaraj – Independence for India – M.K. Gandhi
Brute Force or Violent Struggle and Passive Resistance – Gandhiji’s Comparsion
What is Civilization? Mahatma Gandhi’s Explanation in Hind Swaraj
Action Plan for Indians by Gandhiji 1908-09 – In the Book Hind Swaraj
What is swaraj? – Mahatma Gandhi’s Explanation in Hind Swaraj
What is true civilization? Mahatma Gandhi’s Answer
How can India become free? – Mahatma Gandhi’s Way
AERA Report on Research on Teacher Education
Google’s Drawing Competition for Indian Children
Original Knol – Knol Number 2820